10 Things to Look For In a Great Mattress
When choosing the right mattress for you, there are several factors to consider- your budget, preferred sleeping position, and sleeping habits. While those factors will help narrow down your choices between foam and coil, they may still leave you with a wide variety of mattresses to choose from. When making your final choice, there are specific features, ideally, that your mattress should have.
- Double sided – Think about choosing one that’s “double sided,” rather than one that has the pillow top only on one side. This allows for flipping periodically, which spreads out the wear, extending the longevity of your mattress.
- Hypoallergenic, “Organic” – Some mattresses are advertised as “hypoallergenic” or even “organic.” This simply means that natural materials have been used in the manufacturing process. If you have sensitivities or allergies, these features may mean you will sleep better.
- Provides Good Support – The bed you choose should match your support needs. Don’t choose a mattress based on its firmness rating alone. Choose the one that best matches your sleeping needs.
- Breathability – Along with natural materials, you’ll want to look for a mattress that allows for the transfer of heat, especially if you’re a “hot” sleeper. Although memory foam is known as a “hot” sleeping surface, many of the new cooling gel foams are more comfortable.
- Longevity – Look for a bed that will last as long as possible. This should go without saying, but often people choose to save money in the short term, and spend more in the long term. A good quality mattress is an investment.
- Solid Seams – Check the seams for sturdy construction. You’ll want your bed to last a good long time.
- Weight – Ideally, you should be able to move it without too much trouble.
- Budget – Our staff at Mattress Warehouse is here to help you choose the mattress that offers the features you need at the price you want.
- Water, Foam, Hybrid, or Innerspring– No matter which type you decide upon, it should match your specific needs. Choose your mattress based on what it can do for you, not hype or commercials.
- It Meets Your Needs – Our staff at is here to help you decide upon the bed that best meets your needs all around. Come on in, look around, browse, and ask questions. There’s no pressure and no rush. Just take your time, and pick out the mattress that’s best for you.