There are approximately 32% of adults, just in the United States, that sleep on spring mattresses. We all know that good sleep – at least eight hours every day for a healthy living. And to sleep well, we must have a good mattress. The right mattress should offer maximum support to the body and should entirely be comfortable.
If you have used your mattress for more than ten years, the chances are high that you need a newer one. Thankfully, there are many options to consider for your needs and budget. But still, the sheer volume of options can be overwhelming if you don’t know exactly what you need.
That’s why you should be aware of the available types of mattresses in the market before you go shopping. Here are the top six leading kinds of mattresses to buy in 2021.
As the name implies, this type of mattress uses an internal steel coil spring system. The spring designs the mattress and gives it its ideal original shape. Usually, the innerspring is covered by upholstery, padding or natural materials, including fiber, latex foam or foam, which provides the needed support.
The innerspring can be arranged in two main ways: connected and individually. The connected springs are all fed up to the same unit to provide better support and a bouncier feeling. However, you can quickly feel your partner’s movements in the bed because the springs are all connected.
For the individually arranged coils, the coils are pocketed alone, which means that your partner’s movements in the bed may not have an impact on you as the motion transfer is lessened. The more the coils the mattress has, the more support and comfort.
- Durable – a well-made innerspring mattress can last for 10 to 15 years
- Available at multiple price points, giving you the freedom to buy the best for your budget
- The innerspring adds to the comfortability of the mattress
- The springs can fail when you apply too much pressure or when they become weak due to wear and tear
Memory foam mattresses have been in use since 1970. NASA initially invented these mattresses to provide a better cushion and crash protection to both the pilots and the passengers. The mattresses were found useful and comfortable, and since then, the memory foam mattresses have been used extensively and for some considered the perfect mattress.
The foam firmly contours when you lie on it but regains its original position when you stand up. Also, the mattresses come in all common types and sizes, giving you the freedom to choose the best size and style for your needs.
- Comfort- memory foam mattresses offer provide comfort layers and maximum support to the spine and the rest of the body, helping you to relax well
- Long-lasting- it can last for more than one decade
- Encourages proper alignment of the spine, no matter the sleep positon
- The polyurethane foam does not attract allergens and dust mites
- The chemicals used for treating the foam can have an irritating smell when the mattress is still new
- The hot temperature that the foam provides can have adverse effects on the people who sweat a lot at night
A natural latex mattress is made of a pure latex product that is extracted from rubber. And since latex is a natural product, some latex mattresses are combined with other natural products and fillings to have a completely natural product. This is why some people consider these mattress types as organic mattresses. The latex mattress is the best for you if you need a great natural solution for lower back pains.
- Environment-friendly- latex is made on natural products which do not cause adverse effects to the environment
- Pressure relieving- it responds well to your body weight and movements because its elastic
- Hypoallergic – latex is naturally repellent to dust mites and other pollens, just make sure it is not synthetic latex
- The cost tends to be higher than the regular coil or foam mattresses
- Latex mattresses are heavy, hence not easy to move around
An adjustable air mattress is the best option for you if comfort is your key consideration when looking for a mattress. As the name implies, the adjustable air mattress comes with air chambers which you can use to deflate or inflate as per your needs and sleep position.
The air chambers are usually covered well with comfort foam layers and pillow tops to provide the best additional layer of support to your back and spine when sleeping. The air mattresses come with an electric pump which you use to either inflate or deflate the air.
- High comfort level- the ability to inflate or deflate the firmness makes it easier for you to sleep in multiple positions comfortably
- Airbeds maintain a neutral optimum temperature throughout which helps hot sleepers
- No sagging because you control the air inflation according to what type of sleeper you are
- The initial assembly process can be tedious
- Some pumps can be noisy
A waterbed is a vinyl mattress filled with water. These mattresses have been in existence for a long time, but increasingly became popular in 1980. Some waterbeds come with a foam bolster covered with fabric casing for comfortability, while others come with a hardwood or softwood frame. These types of beds can be used most indoors or outdoors.
- Great for therapeutic purposes for any body type, especially when you fill in warm water. It’s also an excellent option for winter or summer.
- The bed assumes the shape of your body, thus, reduces the pressure point relief
- You may need to fix leaks from time to time if the bed is of low quality
- The process of filing in water can be tiresome
- High energy costs during winter due to regular water heating
Hybrid mattresses have become more popular nowadays because they combine the features, mattress materials and mattress technology of all great mattresses. In a hybrid mattress, you will find a layer of inner coil system at the bottom, one to three layers of latex at the middle, and memory foam at the top.
Most hybrid mattresses are custom made, meaning that you can order a mattress with more springs or coil counts than the form, more latex, and so on. This is one of the reasons it is a popular mattress type.
- Hybrid mattresses provide the best back and joint support and pressure relief because of their unique combination of foam, spring, and latex
- Hybrid mattresses are quiet and can support different weights efficiently
- Excess heat- hybrid mattress can be a bit uncomfortable for you if you sweat a lot. This is because the upper memory foam retains a lot of heat per sleep surface
- Quite a bit more costly than the other type of mattress
Every mattress comes with its benefits and downsides. It’s upon you to understand your needs, weigh both pros and cons and select the best option. When buying, remember to consider the budget, comfort, durability, and ease of use.
Do you need help in choosing the best mattress? What about finding the perfect pillow to go with it? Are you overwhelmed by the available options? No Bull Mattress is here to help you. Visit us at any of our stores, or contact us. Our team will guide you in choosing the best mattress for your pricing and needs.